FEMALE PLAYERS WANTED!! - - CFL /NFL U12 Flag Challenge National Championship
Win your way to the Grey Cup Game in Edmonton in November! – All Expense paid trip to Edmonton for the Atlantic Winners
GIRLS WANTED: This is a coed team and we need a few GIRLS born In 2007 and 2008.
Next Try-out practice:
Sunday Sept. 23rd @ 4:30PM-6PM at Shamrock Emera Field
Shannon Levy – Head Coach
* CFL /NFL U12 Flag Challenge National Championship*
Fundy Minor Football has been invited to enter a U12 Flag Football team in a tournament offering a chance to win a berth in the CFL /NFL U12 Flag Challenge National Championship. The Championship is being held in Edmonton, Alberta during Grey Cup Week in November. In preparation, teams from Atlantic Canada have been invited to participate in a Regional U12 Flag Football Competition on Sunday October 28th at Mt. Allison University in Sackville, N.B. Winner of the Atlantic Championship will earn an all expense paid team trip to Edmonton to participate in the CFL / NFL U12 National Championship. Following are some further details:
- All Teams (including Fundy Minor) will consist of 10 players
- Play will be 5 aside as per the Football Canada 5 X 5 Rulebook
- Teams are co-ed (must have at least one player from each gender on the field at all times)
- Two Coaches per team (Shannon Levy has been selected as the Fundy Team Head Coach)
- There is no charge to attend team try-outs
- If our Fundy Team becomes the Atlantic Champion – one parent/guardian for each player also receives free return airfare to Edmonton along with free accommodation
- Visit https://www.cfl.ca/flag/ for further information
- Players born in 2007 or 2008 and currently registered in the Atom Division of Fundy Minor Football are eligible to try-out.
Once the team is selected, regular twice a week practices (on Sundays and Fridays as per above) will be held leading up to the Oct. 28th Tournament at Mt. Allison. Additional practices/scrimmages may be added as required.
Please forward this information to any Fundy Minor Atom players and encourage them to come and try-out. No equipment other than cleats and a water bottle is necessary. If you have any questions please contact:
President – FMFA
506-674-2747 or 506-333-2275